Vallarta Consular Agency
The U.S. Consular Agency in Vallarta provides emergency services to American Citizens residing in or visiting the area around Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco and Nuevo Vallarta/Bahia de Banderas, Nayarit.
The Consular Agency also performs notarial services and receives applications for U.S. passports, which are forwarded to the U.S. Consulate General Guadalajara (the Consular Agency's supervisory post) for processing. The Consular Agency no longer accepts applications for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA): CRBA applications must be made directly with the U.S. Consulate General in Guadalajara (click here for instructions).
Kelly Trainor has been the Consular Agent since November 1998. She is assisted by a staff of three employees.
For after-hours emergencies involving life or limb, you may call the Duty Officer at the U.S. Consulate General Guadalajara: (52-33) 3268-2145.
Hours of Operation
The U.S. Consular Agency in Vallarta is open to the public Monday through Thursday, from 8:30am to 12:30pm, except for U.S. and Mexican holidays. The Consular Agency is also closed on second Wednesday of every month for in-service training.
NOTICE: As of March 9, 2015, first time passport applicants and minors applying for a passport renewal with the U.S. Consular Agency in Vallarta require an appointment. In order to better accommodate growing public demand, there have also been some changes to the walk-in hours for additional public services: please see details below.
Please note the following schedule for services requiring an appointment:
- First-time Passport Applicants and Minor Passport Renewals, using form DS-11, must make an appointment and apply in person. Appointments are available Monday through Thursday from 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM. To schedule an appointment, please call (322) 222-0069 ext. 101,112 or 106 Monday through Thursday between the hours of 2:00 PM and 3:30 PM.
Please note the following schedule for services that do not require an appointment:
- Notarial Services do not require an appointment, and walk-ins are accepted between 11:00 AM and 12:30 PM Monday through Thursday. Clients must present documents indicating the location of the notarization, a valid ID and a photocopy copy of the same ID.
- Emergency Passports do not require an appointment, and walk-ins are accepted between 8:30 AM and 12:30 PM Monday through Thursday. Please carefully read the information regarding emergency passports found here.
- Adult Passport Renewals, using form DS-82, do not require an appointment, and walk-ins are accepted between 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM Monday through Thursday.|
- Additional Pages, Data Corrections, and Name Changes do not require an appointment, and walk-ins are accepted between 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM Monday through Thursday.
Vallarta Reference Lists and Links
Paseo de los Cocoteros #85
Sur Paradise Plaza
Interior Local L-7
Nuevo Vallarta, Nayarit
Phone & Answering Machine:
Phone & Fax:
24-Hour Emergency Number at U.S. Consulate General Guadalajara: