Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
What are the requirements for bringing my pet to Mexico with me?

You will need a certificate of health for the pet issued by a certified veterinarian issued within fifteen days of departure. You also need a valid certificate of vaccination showing that your pet has had all its vaccinations within fifteen days of departure.

It would be best to call Mexican government offices directly for complete information.  Contact the nearest Mexican Consulate in the United States, or the "Dirección General de Inspeccion Fitozoosanitaria" in Mexico City, Tel. 011-52-55-5571-3124 Fax 011-52-55-5784-3231.

You can also get useful information from several U.S. agencies, including: