Frequently Asked Questions
The Department of State provides answers to many common questions. Please see the Frequently Asked Questions section of Travel.State.Gov before emailing the Consulate.
Other common questions are answered below. If you cannot find the information you need, please contact us.
- How can I get another copy of the Consular Report of Birth Abroad?
- How do I get an “apostille”?
- How do I get a visa for my family member to live in the United States with me?
- What are the requirements for bringing my pet to Mexico with me?
- What are the requirements for taking my car to Mexico?
- What are the procedures for crossing the border when you leave Mexico?
- What do I need to travel to Mexico with my children but without my spouse?