Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Financial Assistance

The U.S. Consulate Guadalajara can help you contact your family, bank, or employer so that you can arrange for them to send funds.

The fastest way to provide money from the U.S. to Mexico is to use a commercial service.  Several companies offer such a service including Western Union.  Your family in the U.S. can visit Western Union’s website for a list of procedures and requirements by clicking here.  The senders must provide you with a 10-digit confirmation number prior to your going to pick up the money and should also give you their name and telephone number and the name, address and telephone number of the Western Union office in the U.S. from which the money was sent.  You must present a passport or other acceptable photo identification at the time of pick up.

To learn more about transferring funds through the State Department, please see Sending Money to U.S. Citizens Overseas.

Personal Safety

  • Personal Safety